Saturday, May 22, 2010

Statue~Round Robin Challenge 052210


I went to the Living Desert Reserve with my uncle yesterday. He is in his 80's and enjoyed getting out and about with his camera (a Nikon). We got there before the park opened, since we are both members. Unfortunately, the giraffes weren't out, so I took a picture of the giraffe statute outside their enclosure. The keepers were busy cleaning up and their alfalfa was up high (their breakfast). I wish we had seen them, but maybe another time!
Round Robin Challenge for May 22, 2010. Here's the link to Round Robin: http://roundrobinphoto.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Hi, Cheryl Ann. Are you new to the Round Robin Challenges? If so, then welcome! I like your giraffe statue shot. I would not have expected the Living Desert to have giraffes - my impression from what I saw on tv many years ago was that it was all about California (Mohave?) desert species. Or am I thinking of a different Living Desert place?

Thanks for playing, and I hope to see you again soon! One small thing: when you leave your comment, can you please list your name and blog name along with the URL? That would help us out a lot. Thanks!

Carly said...

Hi Cheryl Ann

My name is Carly. I host the Round Robin Challenges along with Karen! It's nice to have you join us! I like your photo very much. It's such a whimsical approach to the photo, like he is just peeking around the corner, ready to say "HI!" Very cute! Well, once again WELCOME!

-Carly :)
http://ellipsissuddenlycarly.blogspot.com

Erin said...

I love the giraffe head poking out from the top of the trees - seems so...natural!