Sunday, March 28, 2010

Desert wildflowers~Scenic Sunday 032810











Our desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA is ALIVE with wildflowers this year. We've had over 5 inches of rain already (our normal yearly total is only 4 inches) and the wildflowers are SPECTACULAR! I don't ever remember so many of them! There are fields and acres covered with yellow desert dandelions and purple lupines. In fact, yesterday, I heard of a new place to explore! I'll have to drive out there next week! I took these photos Friday afternoon. Apparently this weekend is the peak of the wildflower season and I have parent conferences one night this week, but I'll take more photos after school every afternoon. Scenic Sunday for March 28, 2010.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh so very lovely! Mother Nature is truly blessing us with such delights for the eye. I love the hint of snow on the mountain in the background as well.

Carol said...

So beautiful...we drove truck ..cross country for 15 years and I never once got to see the desert in bloom.

www.wildlifearoundus.blogspot.com

annies home said...

how pretty in the blankness of a dessert to find such beauty

Linnea said...

All those wildflowers really add a lot of color to the desert landscape. Glad you're getting out to enjoy them. The temps must be nice too. Not too hot, right?!