Sunday, September 5, 2010

Shoes (horseshoes, that is!) Sunday Stills Challenge 090510







This week's challenge was "shoes and boots". Well, I had the farrier come up to the ranch back in late March and then again in June. I didn't get any photos in June because I was so busy holding the horses that I couldn't manage them and the camera! But, in March, I was able to sneak a few photos of his truck. Just look at all the horseshoes! None of mine wear shoes...they go natural, but several horses up at the ranch do and he has to have a selection of horseshoes for different sizes of feet and for different purposes. One mare is half draft, so she has large feet, but the Pasos have tiny feet! And, I've learned that there are "parade shoes" as well as trail shoes! Most of his clients are thoroughbreds and they wear a very light aluminum shoe. I'm glad that mine don't wear shoes! I have two mustangs who have wonderful, sturdy "mustang" feet and fortunately all of my horses only need to be trimmed every couple of months! I love my farrier because he is so gentle with ALL of my horses and the ones at the ranch. He speaks quietly to them and he is so calm they immediately settle down and let out big sighs! Thank you, Mr. Aguilar!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! A horseshoe super-market. :)

Anonymous said...

that is quite a collection. I like how he stores them!