Monday, June 22, 2009

Eastern Sierras~That's My World for Tuesday, June 23, 2009






















After we left the Ridgecrest BLM corrals and mustangs, we continued our drive up Highway 395 toward Lone Pine, Independence, and Bishop. This area of the Eastern Sierra Nevada mountains is very dry. We did notice some holding ponds of water, which is a relatively new endeavor to help the migratory birds that follow this route and to replenish the water table. That's My World for Tuesday, June 23, 2009.

10 comments:

Sally in WA said...

I truly enjoyed my drive on 395! The scenery is just awesome.

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous photos! Terrific skies over the area, too! It's a lovely part of the country, your photos brought back memories of a visit there years ago!

Marites said...

beautiful scenery! it is so sprawling...

My world entry is up here

SandyCarlson said...

Awesome!

Guy D said...

Excellent shots, looks like a very scenic drive.

Have a great week
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Arija said...

Wonderful shots of the scenery and wide and impressive skies.

Vaquerogirl said...

Thaks for those pictures. One of the last chapters in my book is set outside of Bishop! I haven't been there in awhile, but it is still as I rememeber. The clouds are just perfect- they way I write about them in one key scene! It's kinda like You knew I needed to see it again! Thank you so much!

Snap said...

I love when the clouds build up over the mountains. Gorgeous! Thanks!

Unknown said...

There really is a wild kind of beauty about the desert..

Very cool photos..

randinoir said...

I lived in Tonapah and Carson City Nevada as a child. Always found peace thinking about sun, sky mountians wild horses that I have seen. Thanks for you pics and writings. Brought back good memories. Photos in the minds rolladex fantastic. R