Saturday, January 15, 2011

Rock silhouette~Scenic Sunday, SOOC Sunday 011611

Hubby and I were tired yesterday from our all-day drive from Scottsdale to the Mogollon Rim and then back down to Globe, Arizona. We stayed overnight in Scottsdale and headed out fairly late, after breakfast. While I like to get an early start, hubby...er..."procrastinates" and has to check his emails time after time and we didn't even get started until 10:00 a.m. and THEN we had to go out for breakfast! (...drumming fingernails on counter...) But, ahem, back to my story...so after breakfast we headed out past McDowell Mountain to Payson, when hubby remarked, "We might as well head up to the Mogollon Rim and see how much snow there is." Well, let me tell you, there was PLENTY of snow up there! But the roads were clear, so we drove to Show Low and then down to Globe. We hit the big canyon by the Salt River there in late afternoon, when we pulled over before a tunnel and I leaned out the driver's side window and pointed and took this shot. I was shooting into the sunlight and I had no idea how (or even IF) it would turn out. I'm rather pleased with it!!!! :-) What do you think? Scenic Sunday and SOOC Sunday for January 16, 2011. To see other participants for Scenic Sunday, please visit: http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/. To visit SOOC Sunday, please visit: http://www.murrieta365.com/

6 comments:

Jan said...

Your photo is great. Shooting into the sun never looked better.

Momgen said...

Nice one for SOOC Sunday...Happy weekend.

Mine is here

Nicolette said...

I really like this image. Love the jagged outline of your rocks against the sky.

Jan n Jer said...

I think this shot turned out great.

Kim, USA said...

It was a good shot. Thanks for sharing!
SOOC
c

MarieElizabeth said...

Very nice contrast.