Thursday, August 4, 2011

And the skies opened up~SkyWatch Friday~080511

This was an afternoon thunderstorm up in our local mountains this week.  The desert floor got some sprinkles a couple of times, but not the amount of rain that our mountains did.  We've had afternoon thunderstorms for several days.  I always enjoy these afternoon storms and I frequently drive up into the mountains to just sit and observe and listen.  Those are the Santa Rosa mountains and this is up in the pinyon forest.  SkyWatch Friday for August 5, 2011. To visit SkyWatch Friday, please go to:  http://skyley.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I love the desert monsoons!

SKY OF WONDER

Sky of wonder, sky of bliss,
Who would think a sky like this
Would permit my eyes to see
Sun and moon and stars for free?


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Desert Hills Sky

Ms. Becky said...

wow, what a spectacular header image with that back-glow. if I lived where you live I would want to do the same - drive up into the mountains and watch. I love going to the desert SW in August just for the lightening. superb shots. happy SWF to you.

Linnea said...

I lOVE thunderstorms; we rarely get them up here in the SF Bay Area. What a dramatic sky you've captured!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Dramatic scene on sky.

Regards!