Monday, January 4, 2010

Cactus blossoms early morning~Cactus Monday 010410











New Year's Day I went for an early morning walk at the Santa Rosa Visitor's Center, which is at the base of Highway 74 here in Palm Desert, CA. It's a great place to visit. You can take some of the nearby trails and they have lots of signs near plants. They also have a little information center where one can read about desert plants and animals. I got there right before the morning's sunrise and it was so quiet! What a great way to greet the day! Of course, I wouldn't wish to bump into these little fellows!

6 comments:

Eugen Caitaz said...

Yohohooo! Happy cactus monday! ;)

Teri said...

Sounds like a heavenly place!!

HCM!

marianne said...

Wonderful color on these pictures
HCM & HNY!

Margaret Ann said...

Gorgeous photos...I DID bump into a mess of these my first desert photography hike in Teva sandals...What a quick way to learn a lesson about staying on the trails and wearing proper footwear! I did get some great catures though! LOL :) Happy Cactus Monday!

Unknown said...

Interesting!
HCM!

Cynthia DiBlasi - Fine Art said...

Ouch, I would NOT want to walk into these guys! Great shots! Sounds like a nice way to start the New Year off. HCM!