Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cloudy morning~Weekend Reflections 022010


I awoke this morning to rain. It started raining about 4:00 a.m. and by 5:00 a.m., everything was covered with moisture. Our desert typically gets about 4 inches of rain a year. This year, we've already had over 5 inches of rain, and that's only in January and February. We are anticipating a bountiful wildflower show this spring, which isn't too far away. Another storm is already out in the Pacific, due to come in Monday afternoon. I LOVE the smells in the desert after a storm, though, so I'm not complaining! I took a walk up at the Santa Rosa Mountains visitor center. The quail were out, the little yellow finches were out, the doves were out, the sun was peeking out from behind the clouds...aaaahhhh...what a way to start the day! Weekend Reflections for February 20, 2010.

4 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Cheryl Ann, I have my Weekend Reflections post up at Mary Tomaselli's Photos and thanks for commenting at "Take This Tune." I love the Commitments too! :)

Kat said...

Lovely, moody shot. We've finally had some decent rain, and are keeping our fingers crossed for a great wildflower show this year. Kathy

Anonymous said...

Rain. Yes I remember. It's water and not snow or ice falling from the heavens. Delicious and warm.

Sistertex said...

Wow...and the outside looks partly inside! Nice.