Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sand Dunes~That's My World 022310
















Over the weekend, I took hubby out to my "secret" sand dune spot near Bermuda Dunes, CA. It is on the edge of the Coachella Valley Preserve. Hardly anybody travels the road and the sand dunes out there are a world of their own. I love to see the ripples in the sand! He told me that most of Palm Desert looked just like that 40 years ago, when he and his family first moved here from Pennsylvania. That's hard to believe as it is now so overgrown. So, this little area of "yesteryear" is greatly appreciated by me. It's a quiet spot, and we were alone, except for a couple of crows! It is under the path of the Bermuda Dunes airport, so our journey was occassionally interrupted by the roar of jet engines, but that was okay. We enjoyed our afternoon in the sand dunes! That's My World for Tuesday, February 23, 2010.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Loevly pictures and I can see why you love it there, very peaceful too I imagine.

Pat said...

Beautiful ripply sand and cracked clay earth. The desert has its own unique beauty.

Japa said...

What a way to get a good walk and view, without limits. Only endurance, perhaps. Interesting and good frames.

Rambling Woods said...

And something I have never seen living in NY.....