Saturday, July 11, 2009

Deer near Flagstaff~~Camera Critters July 11, 2009






One afternoon hubby and I took a drive out west of Flagstaff, along Forest Road. There were houses not too far from this deer, but she didn't seem to mind. Later that afternoon, we saw 3 coyotes, a herd of elk moving off in the distance, and a kit fox right in the middle of the forest road we were taking! On our return trip to the hotel, as it was getting dark, hubby spotted another herd of 6-7 elk in the forest, right next to the road. Camera Critters for July 11, 2009.

14 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Nice pix ... alas, no deer near me :(

I played too :)

Dirkjogt said...

You were very lucky, normally not easy to take pictures of deers.

Snap said...

Lovely series. Sounds like you saw some wonderful scenery and critters.

mimi said...

great captured on the third post.

Martha said...

Lovely photos.


Camera Critters

Janie said...

Great photos. Sounds like you had an amazing wildlife-viewing day!

Susan Cook said...

Great shots. I would love to have seen all that wildlife. Thanks for sharing.

said...

How about those ears! I bet they feel like velvet. :O)

Torsdag 1952 said...

I had the same experience on my trip in may. Wonderful to see the deer in nature.

Manz said...

The deer are endearing :)

I have friends who live south from me and they come across deer - apparently they are a nuisance as they block the roads... more like we're the nuisance for evading their territory in the first place.

Tulip said...

lovely pose on the third picture, he looks so sharp.

southbrowneyes

Jenn Jilks said...

Beautiful, beautiful shots. Thank you so much for sharing them.

storyteller said...

How delightful to see these lovely critters in their natural setting.
Hugs and blessings,

Carla said...

I think your deer have larger ears than our East Texas deer do, they are amazing (thank goodness I don't have any munching away in my yard:)