Sunday, December 13, 2009

Back to Bodie~Sunday Stills Challenge "Technology" 121309





































































Bodie, CA is such an interesting place to visit for several reasons. First, it sits high up on a plateau, open and vacant. Second, it is a photographer's dream! Finally, yes, it captures the technology of its time. Of the buildings in Bodie that remain, they showcase only 5% of the city. The other 95% burned down in a fire started by a young child! Incredible, isn't it? In its day, the mines at Bodie were producing silver and it was a thriving place! It was a dangerous place, too, with murders happening almost every day. There is a museum there you can visit to buy books and core samples, but you'll learn a lot about the town by just wandering around. Some of the better-preserved homes are now homes for the park employees and the others have been left as they were, so they have preserved life in the late 1800's in the west. It was interesting to see all their technology.









4 comments:

Tammy said...

Fabulous take on technology & I enjoyed the pictures!

morephotosplease said...

Very nice photos, looks like an interesting place to visit. Like your idea on the theme.

Horses Are Our Lives said...

I LOVE the old machinery nand antiques! Great shots!

maria said...

simplicity perfect! I would like to visit! I love those kind of places!