Tuesday, December 15, 2009

desert rocks and wash~That's My World 121509





As I drive to see my horses every weekend, I pass by this desert wash. There is a turnout nearby on the winding road and I frequently pull over to let speeding cars go by! Last weekend, another car had pulled over to take photos here, too, and we chatted for a minute. I'm not sure which wash and canyon this is, although it may be "Dead Horse Canyon". I'll have to check! There are a couple of trails at the end of it and cars park further down the road to hike this area of our local mountains. This is an extremely rocky area, rising up from the desert floor and eventually turning into pinyon. That's My World for Tuesday, December 15, 2009.

2 comments:

Gwendolyn L said...

I like the textures in these pics. The colors are muted - thus giving me a feeling of quit. Thanks for sharing.

Oman said...

interesting and definitely lovely landscapes. thanks for sharing. i love it.