Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow! December 18, 2008






















I took these pics on Tuesday morning, on my way to work. We had a MASSIVE storm yesterday (Wednesday). It rained all day on the desert floor and the mountains had snow down below 4,000 feet. I haven't seen them yet this morning, but I'll take my camera with me again today. My horses, who are at 4,000 feet up in the mountains, got a taste of the snow yesterday and they were covered by it! We don't often get VERY COLD storms like this one and it was "rainy day schedule" at school. That meant no recess and a 30 minute lunch. We had to keep the kids inside during their lunch recess, so I got out the flashcards and let some of them practice their reading skills on the computers. Some of them had to walk home in the rain and it was COLD for the desert! I'm not sure we'll be able to drive the mountain road to see the horses this weekend, so we may just drive back out to the Indian canyons and take pictures instead.

1 comment:

2sweetnsaxy said...

Very nice shots. We got a lot of snow in the area too. I think there's snow almost all the way to Vegas. I would love to take that drive with my camera once they clear the road. Did you get any shots of your horses covered with snow?