Tuesday, December 9, 2008

That's My World for Tuesday, December 9, 2008


I'm taking a break from the Indian canyons to show this view of the Coachella Valley from Highway 74, which travels from the desert floor up to Idyllwild. On my way down Sunday, the shifting clouds created such beautiful shadows that I had to pull over several times and take photos. I liked this one because it gave a view of the valley floor below and the hills between the top of the mountain and the desert. Aren't the shadows pretty? We don't get many cloudy days, so when we do get one, I'm always amazed by the clarity and beauty of the shadows.To see other entries, please visit: http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

alicesg said...

Wow very beautiful scenery. Surprised to see the shadows of the clouds. I think it is a first for me. Happy Tuesday.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

That was a really neat view of the valley in your world, thanks for the show.

The Good Life in Virginia said...

what a beautiful panoramic shot...enlarged it...wow.
thanks for sharing.

Louise said...

I can definitely understand pulling over for these views. Fantastic!

Vaquerogirl said...

Umm, sigh* I feel warm just looking at those nice photos! a nice change from the cold weather we are having here in the Bay Area today!

Gaelyn said...

Absolutely breathtaking. Great capture. So much depth and dimension. I like to see cloud shadows.