Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Desert morning~That's My World 030910


With all the rain and clouds lately, we've had some beautiful mornings. I took this photo a couple of weekends ago, since that is when I can get out and about to take photos. Look at the low clouds on the hills! With all the rain we've had, the desert is saturated with water. Right? Well, as I drove home yesterday afternoon from school, I looked toward the mountains near Rancho Mirage and I was surprised to see smoke! Yes, SMOKE! As I got closer, I could see that it was way back in the canyon (not this canyon). According to the news this morning, several people were seen running from the canyon shortly before the fire started. Residents called 911 and the fire crews arrived. It turns out that some palm trees were on fire. Now, this particular canyon is hard to reach for fire trucks and crews. And, the fire chief said that in spite of all the rain we've had, palm trees are still dry. But our wildflowers are ready to bloom and we should have a spectacular wildflower season, hopefully by next weekend! That's My World for March 9, 2010.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Pretty sky and clouds! I'm looking forward to seeing your wildflower photos in a few weeks!

Cheryl said...

Me too, I am anxiously awaiting wildflower photos!