Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wupatki window and door~Window Views & Doors 030310




Hubby and I arrived at Wupatki late one afternoon last summer. We had driven out to the Sunset Crater while we were staying in Flagstaff one afternoon and the time just got away from us. Then, at the last minute, we decided to head out to Wupatki. I'm glad now that we arrived so late because the sunlight was beautiful...that late afternoon orange glow! Even the visitor center there had closed, so we walked around on our own, thinking about the people that had once lived there. Now, only ghosts remain. The sky treated us to a beautiful sunset that evening. This was a visit I certainly won't forget! As you can see from the two photos, they were taken at different times in the afternoon. I took the first one when we first arrived and the top one as we were leaving. What a difference a few minutes makes! Window Views & Doors Too for March 3, 2010. For other participants, please visit: http://windowviews2.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Lew said...

Beautiful shots! It is surprising how quickly the light changes at sunrise and sunset. You have to take the shot or miss it.

Cheryl Ann said...

Lew,you are so right! But, my favorite times are sunrise and sunset!

Carolyn Ford said...

Isn't this part of the world glorious?! I was there in mid-November at the same time of day...Nice captures!

Photo Cache said...

Lovely shot.


www.ewok1993.wordpress.com

Gemma Wiseman said...

Wonderful atmosphere in this old ruined structure! And that lighting adds a gorgeous sense of mystery! Beautiful shots!

VioletSky said...

I love to take photos during that time just before sunset for the glow. Those are some pretty neat ruins.

Louise | Italy said...

Great atmosphere...sets the imagination going! Greetings from Italy -- Louise.

Dianne said...

a window into amazing light!

Cheryl said...

Hi! I hopped over here from NikonSniper's blog after I saw your name-its mine as well! You have a wonderful blog so I am adding you to my blog list if you don't mind!

Vaquerogirl said...

Wupatki is one of my most favorite places on earth! Thanks for a mini vacation. I really needed a spiritualy healing vibe right now. Bless you!