Friday, March 26, 2010

Desert willow and blue sky~SkyWatch Friday and Looking at the Sky on Friday 032610


Here in our desert southwest, we have many desert willows. I have two in my own yard and many dot the washes. Right now, they are getting little green leaves. During the winter months, they look dead, but they are actually just dormant. Soon they will have little pink/purple flowers on them. They really are quite graceful and I always enjoy seeing them. This one was in the wash where I went walking last Saturday. I like how it appeared to be reaching for the blue sky. SkyWatch Friday and Looking at the Sky on Friday for March 26, 2010.

5 comments:

Müge Tekil said...

Nice composition indeed. Have a sunny and pleasant weekend! :-)

http://modaninkuslari.blogspot.com

Smalltown RN said...

What a wonderfully blue sky...that dessert willow just adds some drama to the photo...very nice!

Calico Crazy said...

Lovely photo, I would love to see the desert willow all in bloom. ~ Calico Contemplations

Patti said...

I'd never heard of desert willows. Very pretty photo.

The pink and purple flowers will be beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Oh I bet the desert willows are very pretty when in full bloom. They look very interesting even when not in bloom.