Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Oasis pond~Watery Wednesday 031710


Over the years that I've been a member at the living Desert Reserve, I've always enjoyed stopping by their oasis pond. It is so quiet and tranquil! Sometimes ducks are on the pond. I have even seen turtles splash into the pond. There are quite a few reeds in the pond now and it seems to be shrinking, but that's a natural occurrance. I hadn't seen it for a year or so, and I was surprised how many reeds were taking it over. But, it is still a great spot to stop on my afternoon walks! Watery Wednesday for March 17, 2010.

4 comments:

Animor said...

Great photo, nice place to stop by im sure. Love the reflection on the pond.

Cheryl said...

This is a lovely spot indeed. I would stop by here often if I had the chance! Love the reflection in the pond.

Martha Z said...

When there is water, the desert blooms. We were in Anza-Borrego last week, lots of water in Palm Canyon. Lots of wildflowers, too.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Very pretty. It's amazing how blue the water is.