Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bobcat! Camera Critters for April 25, 2009











A couple of weekends ago I drove around the mountains. Hubby was working and I wanted to get out and take some photos. As I was driving around with my window down, I glanced down into a little gully with a culvert. There was a bobcat! Right by the side of the road! So, I quietly sat very still, and reached for my camera, but he went UNDER the road, through the culvert. I knew that sooner or later he would come out the other side, so I very quietly tiptoed over to the other end and waited. Sure enough, out he came, turned and looked right at me, and scooted off into the bushes! This is the second bobcat I've seen up in our local mountains in 30 years. The first one I saw much lower on the mountain, almost to the desert. Hubby was driving and I looked out into a wash and there it was! Camera Critters for Saturday, April 25, 2009.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cooooo! I've never seen a bobcat.

Amanda said...

You lucky girl!! I would love to have an opportunity for a photo like that. Fantastic shots!!!

Diane AZ said...

Great shot of him looking at you. Terrific find!

Anonymous said...

I would've had to do the same thing - wait for him to come through to the other side. Great shot