Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Coyote~~That's My World 041409











Our desert has a lot of coyotes. Our local mountains do, too, but the desert ones are thinner and leaner and lighter than the ones that live in the mountains. I often see them in the mornings as I drive to work on the Interstate and they frequently do NOT make it across the busy lanes of traffic. They wander the fields in the desert, looking for their meals. The bound across the road in the mountains, oblivious to traffic. This young female ran across the road I was taking out to look at some barns in Sky Valley, an insolated community here in our desert. She wasn't moving fast and I pulled over, grabbed my camera, and took some photos before she realized that she should get moving into the brush. That's My World for Tuesday, April 14, 2009.

4 comments:

Diane AZ said...

It's been a while since I've seen a coyote. I think the ones around here have bushier tails than yours, but the ears are just as big. Nice capture!

larkswing said...

Great shot - every now and then we will spot one in this area out in the country. Your look a little taller than the ones around here. I love how distinct his ears are !

Louise said...

These are terrific captures. I love it when I get a glimpse of a coyote. I have yet to record such events on my camera, however!

Arija said...

When I see or think of a coyite , I always think of Pete Seger singing about if in sis inimitabe way.
Far away, but nice shots.