Thursday, May 21, 2009

cloud reflection~SkyWatch Friday, May 22, 2009


It was just too hot here this week to go out in the early morning and take pics until this morning. When I walked outside to feed the birds, I could feel the difference this morning! The air was actually crisp and cooler. We've been having nighttime temps into the 70's already. During the summer, it is 80 degrees at night, so this is near-summer weather! Until today, that is. So, armed with my reconditioned Nikon and some interesting monsoon-like clouds, I drove through my favorite photo spot, Shadow Ridge, in Palm Desert, CA. It sits up on a plateau and the views are spectacular! However, today I wasn't focusing on the view. Instead, I focused on the near mirror-like lake there and the cloud reflections. Ahhhh....the way to start a day! Skywatch Friday for May 22, 2009.

12 comments:

B SQUARED said...

I love the reflection.

Maria said...

This is GORGEOUS ... A gift for the eyes to behold!
~Maria
ps... you should be a SkyWatch host and submit this :)

Tara R. said...

The reflection on the water is gorgeous! Beautiful shot.

Anonymous said...

What a reflection! Looks very relaxing to me.

Regina said...

Excellent one.
Love the shot.

Diane AZ said...

Lovely blue sky and clouds in the reflection. Enjoy the cooler weather while it lasts!

Cheryl said...

And it is just beautiful...what a perfect way to start the day......

Anonymous said...

Yes, ma'am - Ahhhh! So very pretty!

kesslerdee said...

gorgeous- that is so beautiful!

Rune A Karlsen (Bildebloggen) said...

Reflection on the water is beautiful!

Arija said...

That is an amazing shot with a river flowing with clouds.

Unknown said...

That reflection is beautiful !!

Looks so calm and peaceful..

Very cool photo !!!