Thursday, May 28, 2009

yucca forest~SkyWatch Friday, May 29, 2009




I've driven by these yuccas many, many times on my way to the horses and I've always kept my eye on them. Unfortunately, they are midway up Highway 74, in Palm Desert, where there are posted "No Parking" signs and right next to a bike lane. But, one morning last weekend, I parked my car in the designated parking area and walked down to where they were. It was worth the walk! Aren't they gorgeous? I call them my "yucca forest" because there are so many of them clustered together. Usually yuccas grow off by themselves, but these are growing together. I wanted to get a photo of them before they faded back into oblivion. SkyWatch Friday for May 29, 2009. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Guy D said...

Excellent photo, so peaceful.

Have a great weekend.
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Sanna said...

That's amazing! =) Yuccas to me are tiny things in pots that die a few weeks after I've bought them. I didn't even know what the flowers looks like. You are lucky to be able to see them as they should be seen, outdoors.

Greg Dimitriadis said...

Very nice composition!

storyteller said...

Lovely perspective! Beautiful blossoms against a magnificent blue sky!
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

They look magnificent, silhouetted aainst that glorious blue sky..

Well worth the walk :-)

Great photo !!

Diane AZ said...

Gorgeous photo! I think it's great that you sometimes take the time to stop and photograph beautiful things that you regularly drive past. This "yucca forest" sure was worth the walk!