Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"S" is for sea level ~~ ABC Wednesday 052709




I didn't have kids yesterday. Instead, I went to a training. The school district usually provides lunch for these things since we are out in the middle of NOWHERE, but...alas, yesterday "no lunch provided" was the course of the day due to budget cuts. So, during my lunch break, I had to drive 15 miles back into town for a Subway sandwich. On my way, I saw this interesting sign saying 62 feet to sea level. Right at that spot, you are below sea level! The Coachella Valley actually tilts toward the Salton Sea and all the farmers' runoff water, full of insecticides, runs into the SSea. When it "burps" and unleashes smells that you cannot imagine, we all suffer! But, yesterday was a beautiful spring day, and, armed with my lunch, I drove back down the road 15 miles to my training spot. ABC Wednesday for May 27, 2009.

1 comment:

Dragonstar said...

That sign would make me feel really strange! Thanks for your post.