Monday, May 4, 2009

Yucca blossoms~~That's My World for Tuesday, May 5, 2009


The yuccas are in bloom in our mountain foothills. I've seen them from about 1,000 feet to 3,000 feet, but not above that. Maybe it is too cold for them above that elevation? They seem to love the rocky foothills. I've had my eye on these three ever since they opened up to bloom, but it was several weekends before I FINALLY stopped to photograph them. And, I used my "new" (reconditioned) Nikon D40x to take this photo! I'm still learning how to use it (hubby gave it to me as a late birthday present/early Mother's Day present). He kept his eye out for a reconditioned one and this one came up and he ordered it that afternoon! He has a D40 and we can exchange the lenses. We'll keep an eye on the yuccas. Some are in full bloom while others are just now starting to open. That's My World for Tuesday, May 5, 2009.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are very pretty. I think your world rocks. I would love to live around the foothills too.

alicesg said...

Beautiful place from your part of the world. Love the vast area.

SandyCarlson said...

That's a wonderful shot. That must be an amazing place.

Martha Z said...

Nice bloooms, the yucca says look but don't touch.

Wolynski said...

The south-west desert in the U.S. is stunning - if you live there, might as well take photos. Lovely work.

2sweetnsaxy said...

I know I've seen them but don't know that I've ever seen them in bloom. Congrats on the new camera! :-)

Anonymous said...

beautiful blossoms...
thanks for sharing them with us this week.

Fred said...

Beautiful shots. The landscape is so different than our boring, flat surface here in Tampa.

Congrats on the new camera. You'e putting it to good use.

Regina said...

Nice shot. I like to have a new cam too. :)

Barb said...

I enlarged the photo - never realized that the blooms appear so "frilly" while the leaves are so spiny. Nice contrast. Happy B-day/Mother's Day - you scored!