Sunday, May 10, 2009

Corn in the middle of the desert~~Scenic Sunday for 051009


I like the mountains in the background of this photo. The farmers actually do farm right up to the hillsides in Coachella. This is near Interstate 10, where it leaves Indio and goes to Desert Center. Actually, it is about 10 miles down the road. But, aren't the hills pretty? I believe those are the Mecca Hills or the Chocolate Mountains. The San Andreas Fault runs right through them. If you drive down to Mecca and find Painted Canyon, you will see some beautiful twists in the rocks. Someday I'll have to take my cameras and go down there again. Last time I went, our son was in high school and he went with me, so that would be about 10 years ago. Scenic Sunday for Mother's Day...May 10, 2009.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a contrast between the flourishing green and the rugged land all around! Great shot!

betty-NZ said...

The mountains are just awesome! I clicked on the photo and the details are just beautiful! Reminds me of some of the mountains here in NZ.

Anonymous said...

They are, indeed, the Mecca Hills. The Chocolate Mountains are further southeast and are an off-limits military bombing range.